Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Simplicity & Enlightenment

As it has been a (long) while, I feel I should explain my terribly lacking inconsistency (practical nonexistence) of my blog. I have quite the trouble with committing to any sort of journaling aspect, unless it's a note here, a scribble there, a few quotes, and an idea or two... which usually end up in margins of notebooks and within my pocket moleskins.. But, as the new year has begun, I have decided to drastically alter/enhance my lifestyle based on ideologies that have been brewing in the back of my mind for a long time, which can basically be summarized with two words: Simplicity & Enlightenment. That being said, I have decided to transition to a vegetarian (eventually vegan) diet; I have begun practicing yoga (painful, but persistent); I have been researching my effects on the environment and have learned some scary facts (Instantaneous motivation to simplify my life); I want to become more sociable and join groups (there are a few in the works, which seem to be working out nicely); and most important, I want to explore/embrace my spiritual life and realize my importance in this world-- Hence, I will be focusing on prayer, meditation, charity, and indulging in my future plans to start an alternative, democratic school (like The Circle School- www.thecircleschool.org and Sudbury Valley- www.sudval.org)... only my hope is to start this type of school in the predominantly urban setting of Pittsburgh, as these types of schools are typically set in rural/suburban areas. I think an urban democratic school could have a great effect on the students as well as the community. Essentially, these are my goals, and I have taken a headfirst plunge into self-discipline, determination, and exlporation. I think this just might work... Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Chad. The URL for The Circle School (in Harrisburg PA) is actually www.CircleSchool.org. The one you posted is for another school of the same name (in Texas) :-)
-Jim R