Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Good Reads...

Good reads is another blog-style activity that I have found incredibly interesting and amusing for the past few months. I suggest anyone and everyone who has ever read a handful of books that they feel like reviewing and sharing, hit this site up! www.goodreads.com.

Here are some reviews of late:

The Holistic Herbal Directory: A Directory of Herbal Remedies for Everyday Health Problems The Holistic Herbal Directory: A Directory of Herbal Remedies for Everyday Health Problems by Penelope Ody


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm really starting to dive into herbal teas as a form of healing and promoting a healthy lifestyle. This book is really helpful and well organized (tabs for circulatory system, digestion, anxiety, etc.). It's been exciting and thus far seemingly beneficial buying, brewing, and experimenting with herbal remedies. Good book.


View all my reviews.

Good Company: A Tramp Life Good Company: A Tramp Life by Douglas Harper


My review


This book is really good so far. Doug Harper is a professor at Duquesne University. I currently have him for Global Sociology which is a highly informative class on essential aspects of different cultures around the world. We just read about Japan and I learned tons about the culture- Very intimidating as it is a highly group oriented society, where I believe I'd be considered an outsider. Also, I am reading Good Company for a sociology class, Person & Society, which thus far is pretty interesting. The book consists of a journalistic account of Harper's experiences hopping freight trains with hobos in the 1970s. Really well written with astute observations of the hobo culture. Harper is to come to our class and talk about his book soon. I can't wait.


View all my reviews.

No comments: