Saturday, January 26, 2008

THINGS: Thinking Out Loud?



Okay. So. This is my first blog ever. And I'm feeling inspired after a few gulps of Southern Comfort... so bear with me. Please. (And never judge...)

I've been feeling creative of late. Inspired. Astonished. In general pretty alive. I think about places I am not. Places I'd like to be. Things I'd like to do. And I'm working towards those... things. Journeys. I'm somewhat crawling out of my skin. I go to Duquesne. In Pittsburgh. Junior year. Secondary English Education major. And I can't help but to always be thinking "If I knew then what I know now..." But I know that's ridiculous, because I'm where I am because of paths I've taken...obviously.

I've read books about enlightment. Being in tune with the world around me. And I find myself wanting to follow suit. Lately, I've been on a Kerouac Kick. Sometimes I just want to do as he did. Leave behind things that don't matter to me at this moment, and take on journeys that will teach me more. Catch a ride by my thumb. Or be like Huckleberry Finn, and float down the river. Life is beautiful, sad, and I hope I can make a difference in it. Small or Large. Hopefully the small will be large enough. I get passionate about things. Wanting to dig up roots that have long since poisoned the soil. Making people aware. Loving those people going down the wrong path. "Hey! Where are you going?"

I just hope that with God's help this life I'm leading will be led the way it is supposed to be. And that will be enough to do something that has made a difference in the world we live in. I'm an idealist. Let's leave it at that. But I'm proud to be one. I'm left-handed. I think too much. I like stories that make me feel like I should have known that and I will change because of that. I love the people I know. And am open to loving the people I don't know... so PLEASE bring it on. I'm in love. And I am going to push for joy. I am joyful. And sad. But sad because I love this world, and don't want it to go down the toilet. So, I think I'll stop there before I get too sappy. And I will talk later.

"Hail Hobo Ego!"
-Jack Kerouac from The Vanishing American Hobo
Read it?

No comments: